The most common application of Air Heater / Air cooler is used for heating, cooling and absorb heat (Economizer) with ambient air as the cooling medium rather than water.
- There is little fouling or corrosion on the air side of heat exchanger
- There is no possibility of leakage and mixing of water with the process fluid
- Lower capital cost and operating than their water-cooled equivalent
- Low thermal conductivity, Low density and Low heat capacity
- Fan driven air-cooled heat exchanger may be noisy
- Larger than their water-cooled equivalent
The application of Air Heater / Air cooler is in industry, such as Steam condensers, Water coolers, Oil coolers, Air coolers, Air pre-heaters, Economizer and Product coolers: gas, chemicals, petrochemicals etc.